Product review by Sharon of all natural beauty
There are certain elements of your looks that you just can't get around. For example, hair texture would be one of those traits you are born with that may change subtly with age, but will basically stay the same throughout your life. If you have fine hair like I do, you know that getting it to feel full and thick is something that you can only dream about. Likewise, getting a style to hold in place can be a real trick. Last month we introduced you to a very special place that has their own line of organic products, Shear Miracles Organic Salon & Products, run by Robyn Atticks. I detailed my fascinating experience at her salon in the ANB Blog. Well this month I'd like to share my experience with a trio of hair care products that were made, seemingly, just for me!
I'm calling this trio the 'Hair Volumizing Trio' because after using them, my hair has fullness that it doesn't have if left to its own devices! Robin's products come in various categories depending on your hair type's needs. Since my hair type's need is to gain volume, I have been prescribed the 'Wild Child' line of Shampoo and Conditioner (and I just thought it was because I am a child of the sixties).
First of all, the ingredients in both the shampoo and conditioner are so beautiful! Shear Miracles talks about their products being so pure that you can eat them, take a look at these ingredients and you'll know why. These are extremely pure products. The scent is the same for both, and it is gorgeous! I feel like I just sliced open a lime every time I use them. This is a joy to me because I love citrus scents, especially when it comes to waking up in the morning. Both the shampoo and conditioner are quite effective in their own right. The shampoo truly cleans, and the conditioner makes my hair feel silky smooth and soft. Something that I read on the Shear Miracles site, and then was reiterated by Robyn's mother, Diane, was that when using these products you should have less hair coming out in the shower. I thought that I had found a clever way to avoid that problem with other products. I simply didn't bring the conditioner all the way to the scalp. But guess what, it's true, I'm now able to bring the conditioner all the way to the scalp... and there is NO hair loss. This is amazing to me. I have never experienced that before!
Now to the topper, the mousse... Pump Up the Volume! Having had this fine hair all of my life, I've been approached by many a hair dresser that wanted to push some kind of styling gel or mousse on me. In fact I've had it happen so often, and have been so disappointed so many times, I've learned how to say a polite 'no thanks' without giving it a second thought. But I was so enthralled with Robyn's products, that I took a chance when she suggested it. I replied with a quick YES even before I had time to think about it. And I'm so glad that I did! I've actually gotten accustomed to using it regularly now, getting fabulous results! It's an eco-friendly product, meaning that besides the pure ingredients, it's in a shake and pump style bottle. The motion of shaking it is what creates the foam. Applying it to wet hair adds the volume and 'staying' power. I love it because it doesn't create anything sticky or stiff. In fact, my hands aren't even sticky after applying it! I spoke to one of Robin's regular clients while at her salon about this product, and she told me that she loves it because it is so light. I must agree! It's also not drying in any way like regular mousses that contain alcohol. My favorite way to use it is to add it to damp hair, scrunch it into curls and let it dry naturally. The weird part is that I do actually have some curl! May I add here that... I don't have curly hair! So between Robyn's fab cut, and this mousse, I have some beautiful movement in my hair that I am hard pressed to get on my own. I use 2 pumps, but I noticed that Robyn uses at least 4. When I questioned her about this she said it was because she is a hair dresser. My understanding of this is that when you really know what you're doing, you feel more confident to use more. So I will just have to work on this some more until I get it right. And I'm looking forward to it with my new Shear Miracles products! :)
See all Shear Miracles Hair Care Products here
Here's what Shear Miracles has to say ~
Wild Child Shampoo(for Fine Hair; Lemon & Orange):Great for adding more body, this organic shampoo adds volume to the hair without drying it out. That's nature at its best!
Ingredients:Structured vitamin water concentrate;organic aloe vera,olive oil,organic coconut oil,palm oil,organic african black soap,vegetable glycerin,castor,hazlenut oil,organic shea butter,organic oils of;jojoba,grapeseed,apricot & evening primrose;silk protein,extracts of organic peppermint,wild crafted yucca,wild crafted horsetail,organic nettle & melissa,certified organic plant source xanthan gum;vitamin E,manuka oil,organic essential oils of;orange,litsea cubeba & rosemary
Sizes & Prices:8oz & 16oz - $16/$20
Wild Child Conditioner(for Fine Hair; Lemon & Orange):This is a light conditioner that will nourish hair that lacks volume, leaving the hair soft and full of body.
Ingredients:Certified organic aloe vera; purified water; avocado oil; organic hempseed oil; organic shea butter; vegetable glycerine; meadowfoam seed oil; jojoba esters; olive esters; silk protein; pro-vitamin b5; vitamin E; herbal extracts of: organic peppermint, wild-crafted yucca, wild-crafted horsetail, organic nettle and organic melissa; organic essential oils of: lemon, orange and rosemary.
Sizes & Prices:8oz & 16oz - $18/$33
Pump Up the Volume(Adds volume; Listea Cubeba):This mousse maximizes your hair's volume while adding shine & radiance to the hair. It's also great for curls!
Ingredients:Distilled water; certified organic aloe vera; organic non-GMO corn extract; vegetable glycerin; organic herbal extracts of: black currant, beet root, kham thai and blueberry; Vitamin A; natural plant sourced vitamins B1, B2, B3 and C; organic shea butter; organic oils of: avocado, olive, coconut, palm, jojoba; vegetable castor oil; grapeseed; apricot and evening primrose; organic African black soap; silk protein; extracts of organic peppermint, wild-crafted yucca; wild-crafted horsetail, organic nettle and organic melissa; certified organic plant source xanthan gum; vitamin E; organic essential oils of: rosemary and litsea cubeba.
Directions: A little of this airy mousse goes a long way! Pump a squirt of the mousse into palm of hair & rub between palms. Evenly distribute into hair, concentrating especially on the root area.
Sizes & Prices:6oz - $16
Other Spotlights for this company:
- Shear Miracles Organic Salon & Products "Hair Coloring" (August 2008)
At last... A NON-Toxic Hair Coloring Process besides Henna!
- Absolute Perfection Trio (August 2009)
A line just for Rosacea!
- Beautiful Feet Organic Scrub & Cream (December 2009)
Pamper your feet with purity
- Shear Miracle Organics: 'Love & Romance' Massage Oil (February 2010)
Set the mood for romance
- Robyn Atticks (February 2010)
- Shear Miracle Organics: Baby Sunscreen (June 2010)
Part of the Baby Miracles Collection
- Spicy Island Shampoo & Conditioner (July 2010)
Heady fragrance and ALL Natural!
- Shear Miracle Organics: Spicy Island Shampoo & Conditioner (November/December 2010)
- Sophie Eye Shadow (March 2011)
Sophisticated yet Subtle
- Shear Miracle Organics: Achieve Finishing Lotion & Soft as Satin Hair Polish (Spring 2011)
Start your hair styles off right
- Organic Body Lotion (May 2011)
Soft luscious skin... naturally!
- Organic Mascara & Organic Eye Liner (August 2011)
Two products that really work!
- Luxury Cream Foundation & Luxury Loose Powder (October 2011)
Great All-Natural Coverage!
- Is there a safer option for coloring my hair? (Monday, January 02, 2012)
- Luxury Bronzer (January 2012)
So easy, so beautiful!
- How would the Shear Miracle Organics Achieve Finishing Lotion & Shine Like a Star Serum work for a Curly Style? (Thursday, March 01, 2012)
- Does Your Hair Need to Blow Up the Volume? (March 2012)
Tips for fine hair
- How do you keep moisture in the hair naturally? (Thursday, April 19, 2012)
- Is there really a Product that Prevents Hair Loss or Helps to Grow Hair Back? (Tuesday, May 22, 2012)
- What Suggestion do You have for Psoriasis? (Monday, June 04, 2012)
- Which is the Best Option for Coloring My Hair? (Saturday, June 30, 2012)
- Are Natural/Organic Shampoos Safe for Color-Treated Hair? (Saturday, June 30, 2012)
- What should I Use on my Hair after it's been Damaged by a Bad Color Processing Treatment? (Friday, August 24, 2012)
- Tuff'n Up Shampoo & Conditioner (September 20012)
Great hair products for both women & men!
- Is Silicone Safe in Hair Products? (Friday, September 14, 2012)
- What Shampoo would You Recommend for Hard Water? (Sunday, September 30, 2012)
- Shampoo Shower Gel Combo (December 2012)
For the Smart Man
- What is a good shampoo or home remedy shampoo for hair that gets it clean and not oily thick feeling? (Friday, January 11, 2013)
- The Lucky Girls Body Care Package (February 2013)
A Spa Set with Heart
- What Product could I Use use for Dry Thick Hair that Tangles at the Ends? (Tuesday, February 05, 2013)
- Is There a Way to Remove Hair Dye Out of Hair? (Tuesday, March 26, 2013)
- What are some Good Products/Homemade Recipes for Shiny Hair? (Tuesday, August 27, 2013)
- Shear Miracles: Spicy Island Beautiful Body Organic Body Butter (December 2014)
Exotic & Effective