I was wondering if you have any tips on how to keep moisture in my natural hair?
Oils that are known for their purity, like organic coconut oil & organic olive oil, are a good way to seal in moisture to the hair since they have somewhat of a coating effect. This obviously works better on hair that is thick & already has an abundance of body because anything that coats the hair has a weighing down effect. Coconut oil also keeps the hair strong, shiny, vitalized, nourished & protected. It helps to prevent hair loss, has antimicrobial properties, keeps the scalp healthy, keeps hair moisturized & soft, prevents hair breakage, anti-dandruff, & may prevent hair from turning grey. Olive oil keeps the hair shiny & strong as well. To see a list of important ingredients used to keep hair beautiful & healthy & why they are used, please visit: Healthy Hair Ingredient Choices
Enjoy these homemade treatments:
Olive Oil Hair Remedy
Pour 1/2 cup of Organic Olive Oil into a glass jar. Put 5 drops of your favorite essential oil, we recommend: lavender, rose, sandalwood or rosemary. Close the jar with a lid, shake well & let sit (not in direct sunlight) for at least 24 hours. After wetting your hair, preferably with purified warm water, pour some of the mixture in the palm of your hands & work through your hair, focusing on the mid-shaft & ends. Cover your hair with plastic cap or plastic wrap. Apply heat. I recommend getting a hooded portable dryer (Conair HH400 Collapsable Bonnet 1875-Watt Hair Dryer, White ). After 20 minutes, shampoo out with a gentle, sulfate-free, paraben-free, organic clarifying shampoo, like Shear Miracle Organics Fresh Canvas Shampoo & finish with a moisturizer like Shear Miracle Organics Lavender Bliss Conditioner.
Coconut Oil Hair Remedy
Melt 1/2 cup of Organic Coconut Oil. After wetting your hair, preferably with purified warm water, pour some of the mixture in the palm of your hands & work through your hair, focusing on the mid-shaft & ends. Cover your hair with plastic cap or plastic wrap. Apply heat. After 20 minutes, shampoo out, and finish with a moisturizer. (See above for recommendations)
It is important to know that from a professional standpoint, and because the oils coat the hair, more than they penetrate, that using these remedies alone is not recommended, but are a great addition to a beauty regime. Always use a pH balanced, organic shampoo & conditioner on a regular basis made for your specific hair type. To learn more about what shampoo & conditioner you should be using, feel free to visit: Shear Miracle Organics Website, or ask me through All Natural Beauty!
Other Spotlights for this company:
- Shear Miracles Organic Salon & Products "Hair Coloring" (August 2008)
At last... A NON-Toxic Hair Coloring Process besides Henna!
- Hair Volumizing Trio (November 2008)
3 Amazing Products for Your Fine Hair
- Secret Life of a Hairstylist (January 2009)
The inside scoop on what it's like to 'do hair' from those that know
- Robyn Atticks (February 2010)
- Shear Miracle Organics: Baby Sunscreen (June 2010)
Part of the Baby Miracles Collection
- Spicy Island Shampoo & Conditioner (July 2010)
Heady fragrance and ALL Natural!
- Shear Miracle Organics: Spicy Island Shampoo & Conditioner (November/December 2010)
- Shear Miracle Organics: Achieve Finishing Lotion & Soft as Satin Hair Polish (Spring 2011)
Start your hair styles off right
- Is there a safer option for coloring my hair? (Monday, January 02, 2012)
- Luxury Bronzer (January 2012)
So easy, so beautiful!
- How would the Shear Miracle Organics Achieve Finishing Lotion & Shine Like a Star Serum work for a Curly Style? (Thursday, March 01, 2012)
- Does Your Hair Need to Blow Up the Volume? (March 2012)
Tips for fine hair
- What Suggestion do You have for Psoriasis? (Monday, June 04, 2012)
- Which is the Best Option for Coloring My Hair? (Saturday, June 30, 2012)
- Are Natural/Organic Shampoos Safe for Color-Treated Hair? (Saturday, June 30, 2012)
- What should I Use on my Hair after it's been Damaged by a Bad Color Processing Treatment? (Friday, August 24, 2012)
- Is Silicone Safe in Hair Products? (Friday, September 14, 2012)
- What Shampoo would You Recommend for Hard Water? (Sunday, September 30, 2012)
- What is a good shampoo or home remedy shampoo for hair that gets it clean and not oily thick feeling? (Friday, January 11, 2013)
- What are some Good Products/Homemade Recipes for Shiny Hair? (Tuesday, August 27, 2013)